PPM output from gs3.33 is still broken (but different).
Author Message
 PPM output from gs3.33 is still broken (but different).

After getting several messages about PPM output, I've changed my mind and
have decided to include writeppmfile in future releases as a standard
feature.  You can put it into your release by adding writeppm.dev to the
definition of the FEATURE_DEVS macro in the makefile, e.g.,
        FEATURE_DEVS=level2.dev writeppm.dev
or
        FEATURE_DEVS=level2.dev writeppm.dev pdf.dev

L. Peter Deutsch :: Aladdin Enterprises :: P.O. box 60264, Palo Alto, CA 94306

            "Implementation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Tue, 07 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 PPM output from gs3.33 is still broken (but different).

post it to this group:

Quote:
>After getting several messages about PPM output, I've changed my mind and
>have decided to include writeppmfile in future releases as a standard
>feature.  You can put it into your release by adding writeppm.dev to the
>definition of the FEATURE_DEVS macro in the makefile, e.g.,
>    FEATURE_DEVS=level2.dev writeppm.dev
>or
>    FEATURE_DEVS=level2.dev writeppm.dev pdf.dev

The writeppmfile was called obsolete in the NEWS file, But pstoppm.ps
still uses this operator. Will there be an update of pstoppm.ps, or is
this file obsolete, too?

I thought, pstoppm.ps will show a way, how to get along without
writeppmfile, that can be used to modify existing applications, that
use writeppmfile, but found out, it did not.

73, Mario
--

Institut fuer Robotik und Prozessinformatik der TU Braunschweig
Hamburger Strasse 267, 38114 Braunschweig, Germany

Fri, 10 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. gs3.33 breaks mergeini.ps

2. gs3.33 breaks latex2html

3. image clipping broken in gs3.33?

4. PPM output still broken in GS 3.33.

5. HELP:How to use gs3.33 in NETSCAPE?

6. problem with gs3.33 and laserjet printing.

7. Findfont error with gs3.33

8. Ghostscript-3.33 breaks on file -- why?

9. gs3.33 or 3.51 for 286?

10. how to print select pages in gs3.33?

11. GS3.33+RS6000

12. gs3.33/ghostview1.5 cuts page in landscape mode