printing on network?
Author Message
 printing on network?

Hi ! ,

I am new at ghostscript , and after some messing around , i got it a bit
working on my netowrk.
the problem is , that i print using gsview.
I would like it that ghostscript automaticly converts ps files to my
normal printer language (hp deksjet 500.

tell ya what is happening ,

i create a file called xx.ps , open it in gsview , print it on my
created apple nt ii printer (like the redmon txt explained.) , and it
prints almost right (need to tell it that the paper is bigger than the
program thinks[) , but heck ! , it prints !.

now the funny thing ,
when i send a printjob (postscript format) to the apple II directly , it
prints a complete forest with ps language.
I am doing it just like redmon explains me to (i think) including typing
the djet.rsp file. , controlled the capital and normal letters in the
spooler etc.

b.t.w. some info about network ; 2compus pt 166 1 hp deskjet 500 on
compu 2 , ghostscript on compu one , printer is shared for the network.
using allading gs 5.10

would like to know what to do , or better a command line to put in the
redmon window for a hpdeksjet 500 , cause the one i now have , doesn?t
seem to work

thnx !

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trying to print from Mozilla on VMS host to Network printer

2. Use gs to print to the network printer

3. Printing a postscript file as Postscript to a networked hp printer

4. GS printing recommends using network adress as lptx:?!?

5. Network Printing and Aladdin Ghostscript 5.50 crashes under Solaris 7

6. Mac/PC network printing

7. NETWORK POSTSCRIPT PRINTING PROBLEM

8. ghostsview printing though a network

9. Printing PS file on Mac network?

10. Need Help Printing Postscript File to Network Printer

11. Network Printing

12. Printing PS files to Novell 3.x networked printer from WFWG