getting the path representation of a character to server stdout
Author Message
 getting the path representation of a character to server stdout

I need to get the path associated with a character or string of
characters in a given font to be output in a form that doesn't require
the font to be loaded on the machine.

ie:  If I have "SpiffyFont" , and I want to have the path representation
of "Spiffy" as a series of moveto's and lineto's and curveto's.

I messed with pathforall, but it doesn't seem to work on a NeXT (none of
my procedures ever get called) , and it also claims to not be able to
work with "charpath".

Thanks.

--
Sean T. Lamont                           |   "Don't oppress me, It's

Abstract Software

Fri, 31 Mar 1995 07:53:06 GMT
 getting the path representation of a character to server stdout

: I messed with pathforall, but it doesn't seem to work on a NeXT (none of
: my procedures ever get called) , and it also claims to not be able to
: work with "charpath".

The Adobe postscript Lang Ref, 2nd edition, states in the description of
the charpath operator:

    The outlines of some fonts are protected. ... charpath ... causes
    pathforall to be disabled ...

This is copy protection -- the interpreter is forbidding an action
which is believed to compromise the font author's intellectual property.

Sun, 02 Apr 1995 03:02:39 GMT

1. LED Character representation in PostScript?

2. Character 15 gets changed to character 12: why?

3. run method redirecting stdout leaves stdout file locked (long)

4. Incorrect characters with PATH on Postscript printer

5. Retrieving a font character path

6. Extract a character path?

7. Clipping to path enclosed by character ?

8. Getting PATH

9. Getting absolute path of ASP page in VBscript

10. Getting a list of files and their paths

11. getting self path