Printing PS files on PowerPC
Author Message
 Printing PS files on PowerPC

I am trying to print fairly large (2 MB) postscript files on a postscript
printer. However, the applications that I've used (Downloader and Apple
LaserWriter Utility) all do it in the foreground, preventing me from doing
anything else while the files are printing. I was wondering if there was a
more efficient way to do this so that the files were printing in the
background? If I need additional software, please let me know how much it
may cost. Thank you.

-Ilan Kerman

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing PS files on PowerPC

Quote:

>I am trying to print fairly large (2 MB) postscript files on a
>postscript printer. However, the applications that I've used
>(Downloader and Apple LaserWriter Utility) all do it in the foreground,
>preventing me from doing anything else while the files are printing. I
>was wondering if there was a more efficient way to do this so that the
>files were printing in the background? If I need additional software,
>please let me know how much it may cost. Thank you.

If your PostScript files are of type 'TEXT' and have the standard
'%!PS-Adobe' comment at the top of the file, you should be able to drag
and drop them onto any LaserWriter/PSPrinter desktop printer icon (at
least under version 2.x of desktop printing) to have them sent raw to the
printer.

In the absence of Desktop Printing, I'd recommend Drop*PS. It's freeware
from Bare Bones Software.

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing PS files on PowerPC

|> I am trying to print fairly large (2 MB) postscript files on a postscript
|> printer. However, the applications that I've used (Downloader and Apple
|> LaserWriter Utility) all do it in the foreground, preventing me from doing
|> anything else while the files are printing. I was wondering if there was a
|> more efficient way to do this so that the files were printing in the
|> background? If I need additional software, please let me know how much it
|> may cost. Thank you.

I wonder...could you just put the file in the folder that Print Monitor
checks and have it picked up automatically?  I'm not at a Mac right now,
so I'm not sure of the folder name...PrintMonitor Items or something like
that, within the system folder.

Good luck,
Joe
== K. Joseph Hass            ==   Microelectronics Research Center       ==

== (505) 272-7055            ==   Albuquerque, NM 87106                  ==

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing PS files to PS printer through NT server print queue

2. problem: printing ps file and ps to text problem

3. Printing PS file to PS printer in Win95

4. Printing PS file to PS printer in Win95

5. rtf to PS or PS print to file driver in Win 95

6. Printing PS files to a non-PS printer under Windows95

7. How to get .PS file to print on .PS printer from Win95

8. Printing a PS file on a non-PS printer

9. printing ps files in non-ps printers

10. Print PS files on HP II P without PS card

11. Printing PS files on non-PS printers!

12. printing PS file on HP-PS