Pacific Page P.E. user wanted...
Author Message
 Pacific Page P.E. user wanted...

Hi,
I would welcome hearing from somebody having a Pacific Page P.E. postscript
emulation cartridge for a HP Laserjets (III, IIP...) Version higher than
4.31.

Problem: my old cartridge does not switch automatically from PCL to
Postscript and vice versa, Pacific told me that this bug does no longer
exist in V5.1. I wanted to upgrade it, but here in Germany, they do only
exchange you the whole cartrige (and thats not very cheap).

What I need is somebody willing to read out the code of the two 5.1 Eproms
for me.

I will try to follow the newsgroups but I would appreciate if you can send
me a PM/NM copy, too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Markus.

--
** Markus Benedikt Biewer                    Fax  :  +49-(0)6898-851494 **

Thu, 09 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Pacific Page P.E. user wanted...
URGENT!

[...]

Tue, 14 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Pacific Page P.E. user wanted...

Quote:

>URGENT!

>Hi,
>I would welcome hearing from somebody having a Pacific Page P.E. Postscript
>emulation cartridge for a HP Laserjets (III, IIP...) Version higher than
>4.31.

>Problem: my old cartridge does not switch automatically from PCL to
>Postscript and vice versa, Pacific told me that this bug does no longer
>exist in V5.1. I wanted to upgrade it, but here in Germany, they do only
>exchange you the whole cartrige (and thats not very cheap).

>What I need is somebody willing to read out the code of the two 5.1 Eproms
>for me.

>I will try to follow the newsgroups but I would appreciate if you can send
>me a PM/NM copy, too.

I now have the 5.11 cart in my LaserJet IIP.

I previously had an earlier version, but I had some problems with it
(which, if I recall correctly, _did_ have to do with changing back and
forth between PCL and PostScript) so I called PacificData Tech Support
directly to complain.  When I called, I was persistant in noting that
the behavior I was experiencing was definitely at odds with what the
manual said, and that it was clearly a firmware bug in the cartridge.

I'm very accustomed to dealing with Tech Support people, and tech support
departments on these sorts of issues, so I continued on, firmly, but
politely, asking some very pointed questions like ``Is there a newer
revision of the firmware?''  ``Does that newer revision have this same
bug?''  ``Will you send me new firmware to fix this bug of yours?''

The bottom line is that firmness, directness, and persistance paid off
in this instance, and PacificData did offer to exchange my cartridge
for one with newer firmware.  They even sent me out a new cartridge
right away, with a pre-paid return envelope for the old cartridge
and a note saying that if I failed to return the old one, they would
then bill me for the new one.  I consider that more than fair.

(This all happened more than a year ago.)

In summary, if you have an old PacificPage PE that's causing you grief,
I believe that PacificData will give you an exchange for one with newer
ROMs.  Furthermore, I believe that PacificData deserves my ``Customer
Friendly Gold Star'' for being willing to service what they sell.  That's
more than a lot of companies in this business do... even after the lessons
of the Pentium debacle.

I would gladly recommend PacificData products to others, based upon my
experience with them.

--

-- Ron Guilmette, Sunnyvale, CA ---------- RG Consulting -------------------

Sun, 19 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pacific Page PE - anyone know how to make it work?

2. Page dimensions with Pacific Page

3. PACIFIC PAGE POSTSCRIPT CART. FOR HP LJII

4. Info on Pacific Page II cart for LJII

5. Pacific Page PS cart -- any info?

6. documentation of pacific page postscript cartridge

7. Q: Problem with Pacific Page under Win95

8. Address Pacific Page...

9. Speed of Pacific Page Postscript Emulator with HP II

10. dvi2ps and Pacific Page

11. Pacific Page Font Problem

12. Pacific Page Cartridge