beginning question....what should i do first?
Author Message
 beginning question....what should i do first?

Hello. everyone. I am worried about Ghostscript or postscript. I have tried
to find out how to learn about them because I am first learning. I don't
have an idea what should I do first. First if I want to learn about
Ghostscript, could you please recommand what I study frist for it. I tried
to find tutorials of Ghostscript, but I couldn't...

Please, help me..

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 beginning question....what should i do first?

Quote:

>Hello. everyone. I am worried about Ghostscript or postscript. I have tried
>to find out how to learn about them because I am first learning. I don't
>have an idea what should I do first. First if I want to learn about
>Ghostscript, could you please recommand what I study frist for it. I tried
>to find tutorials of Ghostscript, but I couldn't...

On the "Ghostscript, Ghostview and GSview homepage",
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ you can find various links. You could start
by downloading the Ghostscript User Manual by Thomas Merz,
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/merz.html

Regards, Cor Speelman

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 beginning question....what should i do first?

Quote:

> Hello. everyone. I am worried about Ghostscript or postscript. I have tried
> to find out how to learn about them because I am first learning. I don't
> have an idea what should I do first. First if I want to learn about
> Ghostscript, could you please recommand what I study frist for it. I tried
> to find tutorials of Ghostscript, but I couldn't...

Ghostscript is an application that lets you view and print PostScript
files.  It is well worth obtaining and learning to use.  (Get GSView
too.)

PostScript, however, is a programming language which is interesting and
fun to use, because it has built-in graphics capability that make it
easy to draw on your screen or printer.  Tutorials for learning to
program PS are available on the web.  See:

    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/5682/postscript.html

Jim Land        Minneapolis       to reply, remove the 6

Thu, 28 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Very beginning question: Check for null object.

2. Question: request.form only getting data up to first space

3. Quick question: last page first in gs?

4. First Oulook project and I have two questions

5. Question about first-release LaserWriter

6. Newbie question: Quit IE after printing is done

7. %%(Begin/End)Document

8. PostScript - Where do I begin?

9. Beginning Programming

10. %% [Error: dictstackoverflow Offending Command: begin ] %%

11. Error: dictstackoverflow Offending Command: begin

12. File does not begin with %PDF-