Newbie HELP PLEASE!!!
Author Message
 Newbie HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi you all postscript wizards ;-)

We have this RIP which prints Cyan (blue) too saturated. There are no
controls to adjust this. However part of the RIP is a file called
"Graphics_Defs" In this file I was able (by trial&error) to locate code
which controls intensity of Cyan (see the last line):

            /CRDName    (GpaperE1.CRD)
            /UCR        {20.0 exp}
            /BG            {9.0 exp}
            /TF_C       {}

By changing  "/TF_C        {}" to "/TF_C        {50.0 exp}" I was able
increase the intensity of C (Cyan) by 50 (%?). How do I DECREASE the
intensity??? What is the Poscript command for negative value??

"{- 50.0 exp}"      is no good, results in offending command: -

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please dont suggest a book I should read,
I dont have time for that, I am a designer, not a programmer. (I prefer to
spend my limited free time catching some rays ;-)  ... that reminds me, I
got to get my bikiny vax this week... lol

Yours very thankful
Yvonne

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie HELP PLEASE!!!

Quote:

>            /CRDName    (GpaperE1.CRD)
>            /UCR        {20.0 exp}
>            /BG            {9.0 exp}
>            /TF_C       {}

>By changing  "/TF_C        {}" to "/TF_C        {50.0 exp}" I was able
>increase the intensity of C (Cyan) by 50 (%?). How do I DECREASE the
>intensity??? What is the Poscript command for negative value??

>"{- 50.0 exp}"      is no good, results in offending command: -

>Any help is greatly appreciated. Please dont suggest a book I should read,
>I dont have time for that, I am a designer, not a programmer.

Well, you don't need to learn PostScript really, but perhaps some
math. This is the cyan transfer function ('d guess).

'exp' raises a number to a power. "50 exp" raises a number to the
power 20. You're working on numbers in the range 0 to 1, so 50 exp has
a dramatic effect. Values which would be 0.25 0.5 .075 become 7.9E-31
8.9E-16 5.7E-7. In other words, as good as zero. If the effect is to
increase the cyan, I don't know what is going on.  But the general
rule is that if "N exp" increases a value then "1/N exp" decreases it
(don't write 1/N, write the value).

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. newbie help please - update a record in a database

2. Newbie Help, please!

3. Newbie HELP please

4. newbie help please - update a record in a database

5. ASP newbie - HELP PLEASE!

6. Newbie HELP Please - I can't "SET" TextArea Value

7. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

8. Postscript Newbie -- Please Help ! ROLL problem

9. Syntax error - please help Newbie

10. Please help a newbie

11. Two newbie questions - please help

12. please help a very lost and confused newbie!!