pdf name
Author Message
 pdf name

Hello
Under ms-dos, i do not know how to open a pdf file which name is ess%i.pdf,
using ghostscript.

--
Jean

Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:57:13 GMT
 pdf name

Quote:
> Hello
> Under ms-dos, i do not know how to open a pdf file which name is
> ess%i.pdf, using ghostscript.

MS-DOS and MS Windows command processors use % to introduce
replaceable parameters in batch files and other command usage. This
% may be interfering with something, but I have no problems using the
name you give, with ghostscript v7.0 and Windows 2000.

Have you tried using quotation marks around the filename, like this:
"ess%i.pdf" ?  This may help with some early versions of MS-DOS and
MS Windows, and is also a help if there are space characters in the
name.

-

If using quotation marks does not help, post the exact version of
MS-DOS and ghostscript that you are trying to use.

Also, do you see an error message when trying to open the PDF file?
Report the exact message.

Regards,
David
--
David Williams, Technical Author
Working for, but not speaking for, Amino Communications Limited

Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:37:38 GMT
 pdf name
It worked, thank you!
--
Jean

Quote:

> > Hello

> > Under ms-dos, i do not know how to open a pdf file which name is
> > ess%i.pdf, using ghostscript.

> MS-DOS and MS Windows command processors use % to introduce
> replaceable parameters in batch files and other command usage. This
> % may be interfering with something, but I have no problems using the
> name you give, with ghostscript v7.0 and Windows 2000.

> Have you tried using quotation marks around the filename, like this:
> "ess%i.pdf" ?  This may help with some early versions of MS-DOS and
> MS Windows, and is also a help if there are space characters in the
> name.

> -

> If using quotation marks does not help, post the exact version of
> MS-DOS and ghostscript that you are trying to use.

> Also, do you see an error message when trying to open the PDF file?
> Report the exact message.

> Regards,
> David
> --
> David Williams, Technical Author
> Working for, but not speaking for, Amino Communications Limited
> Amino information: http://www.aminocom.com/

Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:25:21 GMT
 pdf name
Why not rename the file to something sensible?

Quote:
> Hello
> Under ms-dos, i do not know how to open a pdf file which name is
ess%i.pdf,
> using ghostscript.

> --
> Jean

Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:37:59 GMT

1. name of pdf

2. Merge ps/pdf while preserving duplicate font names

3. Ghostscript+RedMon+4DOS=Named PDF Files

4. Asking name for PDF output

5. displaying a named destination or bookmark in PDF through API or command line

6. Truncate Name but display full name on mouseover

7. Getting the user's logon name and computer name

8. Changing Printer names (displayed names in printer folder)

9. Finding Last name in a Full Name string.

10. A SELECT statement on a name field with an apostrophe in the name

11. Converting Long File Names to Short File Names

12. screen font name from postscript font name