GhostView and Brother HL-1250
Author Message
 GhostView and Brother HL-1250

Dear all

I plan to buy the Brother HL-1250 laser printer. Does anybody have
experience with this printer when using it to print from Ghostview (PS
files created with{*filter*}and DVIPS)?

For which purposes is it advantageous to have a printer that can interpret
postscript?

Thanks for hints, W. Bauer

Thu, 01 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 GhostView and Brother HL-1250

Quote:
> Dear all

> I plan to buy the Brother HL-1250 laser printer. Does anybody have
> experience with this printer when using it to print from Ghostview
(PS
> files created with{*filter*}and DVIPS)?

> For which purposes is it advantageous to have a printer that can
interpret
> Postscript?

I would say that you definitely should have a PS printer. I used an
Okidata non-postscript printer for several years and just recently went
to an HP2100M. The difference is night and day. My Okidata was
postscript-emulated but it was not accurate 100% of the time. For
instance, when I wanted to view color separated files that had
overprinted items, it printed as knocked out rather than overprinted
which was not correct. You are dealing strictly with postscript in
Ghostscript so it is always better to have a postscript printer that
reads the language correctly. That's just my opinion.

Quote:

> Thanks for hints, W. Bauer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 02 May 2003 12:38:11 GMT

1. Support for Brother HL-1060 printer

2. Ghostscript driver for Brother HL-1240 printer

3. Ghostscript driver for Brother HL-720?

4. Help: printer (brother HL-1020) doesn't print PS

5. BROTHER HL-1020

6. Brother HL-720 and MS Visual C++

7. Win95 PS print driver for Brother HL-10PS/DPS

8. Aladdin Ghostscript: Brother HL-760 supported?

9. DVIPS to HL-8PS Brother laser printer

10. Inserting windows-1250 html into word document

11. Questions about BROTHER HL-8 and fonts/memory/postscript etc.

12. Brother printer