HP IV Si printer driver for unix lpd or transcript
Author Message
 HP IV Si printer driver for unix lpd or transcript

Several people have shown an interest in the printer driver program
I'm writing for the HP IV Si printer. I've released a very preliminary
alpha version (no doc. no man pages, no comments, etc...). If you
would like to try it out, its available via anonymous ftp from:

        ftp.cs.umn.edu  in directory users/lemay

The program is written in C, and was made as generic as possible. I've
compiled it on Sun's, SGI's, and a CDC EPiX system.... Its designed
to work as an IF filter for a unix printcap entry, but it works better
with the Adobe Transcript software. Printer Page accounting (using two
redundant methods) is included.

The driver handles PCL, postscript, PJL, and Text files (text is printed
as PCL with linefeeds as line terminators).

One big limitation: This driver connects to the HP IV Si directly via
TCP/IP, and only via TCP/IP.... Other than that, I attempt to support most
of the printer features. Let me know if you use the software, and if you
have any suggestions for improvements. The driver would probably work with
any other HP 4 series printers with only minor changes if any, provided
they have ethernet connections. If you can test this program with other
HP 4 printers, let me know.

-Lawrence LeMay

Sun, 15 Dec 1996 06:07:06 GMT

1. PS for tray selection of LJ III SI and LJ IV SI

2. Printing to PS printer from Unix -- TranScript?

3. UNIX driver for HP LaserJet III with Postscript Cartridge Plus

4. Printer Driver for uport unix

5. Halftone and HP-LJ IV/MPlus

6. HP LaserJet IV enhansed printing mode?

7. Aladdin Ghostscript and HP 1120C printer driver

8. Printer driver for HP 870cse for NT?

9. Printer Driver For HP LaserJet 4L with Ghostscript

10. Need Postscript converter or driver for HP printer at PC

11. Need driver for HP 1200C Postscript Printer

12. HWMargins HP Laserjet III Si