Postscrip fonts for Aldus Pagemaker
Author Message
 Postscrip fonts for Aldus Pagemaker

I need some help for a friend of mine.  He has an IBM PC/2 with Aldus
Pagemaker.  He also has a postscript compatible IBM laser printer
(although I'm not sure which one).  Only four fonts came with Pagemaker,
and they are very plain at that.  He can buy more fonts, but they run
almost $200 each -- money he doesn't have after buying his current
set-up.  I'm PC-illiterate, so I have a few questions that I'd appriciate
answered.  I was wondering if there are any Public-Domain fonts available
that could be used with Pagemaker.  If so, could someone mail them to me?
More specifically, if I was able to get Postscript fonts off the net from
someone, would it be possible to convert them to a format usuable with
Pagemaker?  Note: My friend's PC is not networked to anything, but I have
access to networked PCs to do downloading.  It would also be possible to
connect a modem to my friend's PC and use Kermit or the like.  Thus,
transfering anything you send to me would be no problem.  However, since
I'm used to using big machines and my buddy has  limited knowledge of
his PC, I'd need help installing fonts.... If any of this is possible...

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanx

PJZ

"E-site" Student Consultant            |  ...!pur-ee!ei.ecn.purdue.edu!zawada
Purdue University                      |
Engineering Computer Network           |    GO BOILERS!!!

Sun, 17 Jan 1993 05:15:00 GMT
 Postscrip fonts for Aldus Pagemaker

Quote:
>I need some help for a friend of mine.  He has an IBM PC/2 with Aldus
>Pagemaker.  He also has a postscript compatible IBM laser printer
>(although I'm not sure which one).  Only four fonts came with Pagemaker,
>and they are very plain at that.  He can buy more fonts, but they runa...

Something is missing from this picture. Aldus Pagemaker comes with 16 built-
in Postscript fonts, which will appear if he chooses Postscript Printer
under Pagemaker's Printer Setup, and then chooses Apple Laserwriter Plus
or QMS800 Plus as the specific printer hardware. This is Pagemaker 3.0
I am speaking of.

Before he buys anything else, have him talk to Aldus tech support at (800)
332-5387 if he can't get those fonts to show.

Sun, 17 Jan 1993 22:57:00 GMT

1. Catch IB Login Exception

2. APD files for Aldus Pagemaker

3. tex cm fonts in freehand(aldus)