Freehand: Using userprep file to add customized PostScript tricks
Author Message
 Freehand: Using userprep file to add customized PostScript tricks

I have a bunch of postscript tricks for rendering different kinds of
special effects.  For example, for any given path, I have procedures
to make it appear airbrushed, embossed with raised edges and a shiny
metal surface, stroked or filled semi-transparently, etc.  I'd love to
be able to use these in Freehand, and it seems to me it should be
possible by using the userprep file to contain the definitions.  Then
I could simply call these procedures from Freehand by setting the
stroke/fill style to PostScript and inserting the appropriate calls.

Has anyone done anything like this?  Does it work?  Is it supported?
Is there a better way?  (The code is way too big to just type into the
stroke/fill panel.)

Thanks very much,

-pd

--
                                Peter Davis
                        http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pd

            "If you can't behave yourself, who can you behave?"

Mon, 03 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using customized PPD files to customize Windows printer properties defaults

2. Adding a customized form under FILE-NEW

3. Trick to set custom caption when using IE automation

4. freehand to postscript?

5. problems importing postscript into freehand

6. How to add a ps file as background to a multipage postscript file

7. Exporting Freehand to Postscript without mucho baggage?

8. Postscript lines for Freehand on MAC

9. Generating editable PostScript for FreeHand

10. Postscript tricks

11. Wanted: DOS postscript trick

12. Freehand EPS files/GS 3.51