Hard drive initialisation
Author Message
 Hard drive initialisation

The ageing hard drive attached to my Apple LAserWriter Pro 630 died this
morning, and I am trying to fit a replacement. The replacement is a 520 MB scsi
external hard drive, and I keep getting an ioerror when I try to initialise it.
I am initialising it by going:

serverdict begin 0 exitserver

statusdict begin

0 0 initializedisk

which (I think) is how I initialised the last drive, though I have also tried replacing the first 0 with 520137000, which is hte size of the new hard drive.
Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

Background:

1) When I go diskonline, I get the answer true (as I would expect)

2) When I check up on IO resources, by sending this:

(%disk*){
 (\n)print dup == currentdevparams {2 array astore ==}forall
 }
=string /IODevice resourceforall

I get the following:

(%disk0%)
[/Mounted false]
[/SearchOrder 0]
[/Searchable true]
[/HasNames true]
[/Type /FileSystem]
[/Removable true]
[/Writeable true]
[/PhysicalSize 0]
[/LogicalSize 0]
[/InitializeAction 0]
[/Free 0]

which looks plausible.

Thank you in advance!

Mark Argent

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Hard drive initialisation

Quote:

> The ageing hard drive attached to my Apple LAserWriter Pro 630 died this
> morning, and I am trying to fit a replacement. The replacement is a 520
MB scsi
> external hard drive, and I keep getting an ioerror when I try to

initialise it.

serveral thoughs,

check scsi termination

set the scsi ID to zero

try initializing using with apple printer utility or laserwriter tools

Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hard drive help needed

2. How do attach file from local hard drive

3. Iterating through all files on Hard drive

4. checking hard drive levels

5. Desperarely seeking Hp5si Hard drives

6. Does GhostScript work on non-C: hard drive?

7. Search hard driveS for file help

8. Saving to the local hard drive

9. Download redirect to server hard drive

10. Search hard drive

11. Please help: Search Hard Drive

12. find all the users external hard drives