number to string convertion
Author Message
 number to string convertion

Hi postscript gurus,

Two questions :

 1 I wonder if there is an operator to convert number (int or real) to string

 2 Is it a way to watch the content of the current operand stack in a
 particular step ??

Maybe my questions are stupid questions ...

Thanks in advance
Jerome

--
  ._____. ._________________________________________________.
  | ._. | | ._____________________________________________. |

  | | |_____|       http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~gout   |_______| |_. |
  | |_____________________________________________| | | |_| |
  |_________________________________________________| |_____|

Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 number to string convertion

Quote:

> 1 I wonder if there is an operator to convert number (int or real) to string

Try "cvs" (convert to string) and "cvrs" (convert to string with radix)

Quote:
> 2 Is it a way to watch the content of the current operand stack in a
> particular step ??

You can use the "=" or "stack" which will dump the contents of the stack
(non-destructively).  There are also "==" and "pstack" commands.

Quote:
>Maybe my questions are stupid questions ...

Not at all; if you look at the web site in my sig, you should
find links to many PS sites that will help.

--

<A HREF="http://www.csee.usf.edu/~gohel/"></A>
Geometric Modeling & Graphics Research Group,U of South Florida, Tampa, FL. USA

PostScript FAQ:
  http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/comp/comp.lang.postscript.html

Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. number to string convertion

2. String Convertion

3. write number as string

4. newbie: string from number?

5. converting number to string

6. HELP required convert of string to number

7. Converting string to integer/number

8. how to convert the string to number?

9. Convert a string to a number!!!!!!?????

10. Converting a string to a number

11. How to convert currency string to number

12. getting number from a string