Adding text to an EPS file that has been created from a scan
Author Message
 Adding text to an EPS file that has been created from a scan

I have an EPS file that was created from a scan and wish to add some text
to appear on the figure. I have put in the correct code for this after
inserting the `initgraphics' operator. The figure appears with the text
in the correct place when viewed in ghostview, but I cannot print the
figure using Y+Ys dvipsone (which I need to do). Any ideas on how to do
this would be most appreciated.

Simon

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding text to an EPS file that has been created from a scan

Quote:

>I have an EPS file that was created from a scan and wish to add some text
>to appear on the figure. I have put in the correct code for this after
>inserting the `initgraphics' operator. The figure appears with the text
>in the correct place when viewed in ghostview, but I cannot print the
>figure using Y+Ys dvipsone (which I need to do). Any ideas on how to do
>this would be most appreciated.

Why did you insert initgraphics? That is not allowed in an EPS file,
according to Adobe's specifications, so it may well break it.

Make sure you understand the difference between printable postscript
(which Ghostview is probably verifying) and EPS.

Visit http://ds.dial.pipex.com/quite/psintro.htm for information on
PostScript, including EPS in 10 easy stages.

Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am having trouble executing a .exe file on the server

2. Add multiple users from text file, create home directory + web share

3. problem with printing scanned EPS file

4. Regular expression - It should be easy, but I am having a bad time

5. Q: eps->tiff but having tiff file cropped to BBox dim

6. EPS file - having trouble including in LaTeX or Xfig

7. open a text file in VBScript having 500k characters in length and 5GB

8. scaling EPS and adding text

9. Creating a pdf-file, using Pagemaker 6.5, Adobe Acrobat 4.0 and some eps-files

10. dvips 5.66 problem with eps-scans and pagenumbering

11. Add TIFF preview to EPS-File with Ghostscript

12. How can I add an EPS into a PS file