Ved keys in Windows
Author Message
 Ved keys in Windows

I have installed poplog on a Windows XP system, and have it up and
running successfully. However, I am unable to determine what key
combinations are required to mark the beginning and end of a range in
order to use the load marked range command.

Can anyone please help me?

Fri, 02 Dec 2005 03:18:10 GMT
 Ved keys in Windows

Quote:

> I have installed poplog on a Windows XP system, and have it up and
> running successfully. However, I am unable to determine what key
> combinations are required to mark the beginning and end of a range in
> order to use the load marked range command.

> Can anyone please help me?

The file HELP VEDKEYS ( $usepop/pop/help/vedkeys )

Lists a large collection of default key bindings that should work in
Ved on any platform. Examples (in section 4.8) are;

     ESC m  Mark start of range                         MARKLO
     ESC M  Mark end of range                           MARKHI
     ESC C  Mark the current procedure                  ENTER mcp

     ESC g  Go to start of marked range                 MARKFIND
     ESC G  Go to end of marked range                   ENDRANGE

        ^D  Compile the marked range                    ENTER lmr

     ^K ^D  Delete the marked range                     ENTER d
 ESC ^K ^D  Yank range                                  ENTER y

If the right-hand ENTER key does not work (i.e. does not put the Ved
cursor on the command line and clear the command line, then these
three may also be useful (from section 4.7):

        ^G  Enter a command                             ENTER
    ESC ^G  Switch to/from command line                 SWITCHSTATUS
ESC RETURN  Redo command on command line                REDOCOMMAND

(Where the 'RETURN' key is the big key under the backspace key).

A small subset of the generally useful keybindings has been
collected here for people accessing Ved via 'dumb-terminal'
interfaces:

    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/teach/telnetkeys

Other useful things are listed in the HELP VEDKEYS file. A lot more
cross-references can be found in HELP VED. Note that you can follow
up a cross reference of the form

    TEACH VEDSEARCH

by placing the Ved cursor between 'TEACH' 'VEDSEARCH' and then
use the two keys
    ESC h
(sometimes an asterisk is provided between the two words as a
reminder that you can do this)

    ESC n

Will take you to the next asterisk: a relic of the days before
things like mice were available.

When you are fluent in pop-11 you can create a file called vedinit.p
and define key bindings to suit yourself. (I've never done this on
windows as I use only linux/unix versions of poplog, but I assume
it will work).

You may also find the text files and the init.p file in this
directory useful:
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/winpop/

You may get more useful tips from people who actually use windows
poplog!

Aaron
====
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )

PAPERS: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/cogaff/ (And free book on Philosophy of AI)
FREE TOOLS: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freepoplog.html

Fri, 02 Dec 2005 04:36:14 GMT
 Ved keys in Windows
Many thanks Aaron, I'm looking forward to re-familiarising myself with
Pop-11 after being introduced to it by yourself at the University of
Birmingham.

Ben

Quote:

> [...]

>reminder that you can do this)

>    ESC n

>Will take you to the next asterisk: a relic of the days before
>things like mice were available.

>When you are fluent in pop-11 you can create a file called vedinit.p
>and define key bindings to suit yourself. (I've never done this on
>windows as I use only linux/unix versions of poplog, but I assume
>it will work).

>You may also find the text files and the init.p file in this
>directory useful:
>    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/winpop/

>You may get more useful tips from people who actually use windows
>poplog!

>Aaron
>====
>Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )
>School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 01:08:46 GMT

1. ved key-mapping to conventional use.

2. ved key-mapping ?

3. Running Ved from Ved

4. change TAB key to ENTER key in Windows

5. windows version ox ved/xved?

6. Windows cut/copy/paste keys

7. function key F1 as Windows Help menu

8. Arrow Keys in Windows

9. ALT Key CW5 and windows(nt/98...)

10. Hot Keys in Clarion 4 for Windows

11. Disable Windows Function Keys Help Help

12. WINDOWS INT KEYS.