News <-> Mail Gateway
Author Message
 News <-> Mail Gateway

The News <-> Mail Gateway between this group and the pop-forum mailing
list should now be operative, as this posting hopefully testifies!

All original postings to this group wil be forwarded to pop-forum and
vice versa.

Once this gateway stabilises, it would be advisable for those of us
who can read news to do so, and unsubscribe from the mailing list, in
order to reduce load on the mail routers.

Andy.

Tue, 24 Oct 1995 20:55:18 GMT
 News <-> Mail Gateway

Quote:

What's this --->^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ?

Quote:
> Date: Fri, 7 May 1993 12:55:18 GMT

> The News <-> Mail Gateway between this group and the pop-forum mailing
> list should now be operative, as this posting hopefully testifies!

> All original postings to this group wil be forwarded to pop-forum and
> vice versa.

Earlier I posted a message (about ved_nextcsame) to pop-forum, but
it never reached comp.lang.pop, so I conclude that the gateway
works only from news to mail, not vice-versa.

Aaron
--
Aaron Sloman,
School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, England

Phone: +44-(0)21-414-3711       Fax:   +44-(0)21-414-4281

Fri, 27 Oct 1995 04:32:52 GMT
 News <-> Mail Gateway
Test message to check the gateway.
[Could be something todo with the news partition being full]

|> What's this --->^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ?

The Order of Wizards or Heren Istarion is a select group of Maiar drawn
from the ranks of various Maiar peoples. Thematic spirits, the Wizards
produced teachers and diplomats whose power was more generalized than
that of their elemental brethren. Their numbers are unknown, although
the five that came to Endor were all counted as "Chiefs" among the
order.

|> > Date: Fri, 7 May 1993 12:55:18 GMT
|> >
|> > The News <-> Mail Gateway between this group and the pop-forum mailing
|> > list should now be operative, as this posting hopefully testifies!
|> >
|> > All original postings to this group wil be forwarded to pop-forum and
|> > vice versa.
|>
|> Earlier I posted a message (about ved_nextcsame) to pop-forum, but
|> it never reached comp.lang.pop, so I conclude that the gateway
|> works only from news to mail, not vice-versa.

Andy.

Fri, 27 Oct 1995 19:38:36 GMT

1. comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org mail<->news gateway

2. mail<->news gateway digest size change

3. ><><><><>Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp on INT 14!><><><><><>

4. testing mail->news gateway (posting from sussex)

5. problem with mail->news gateway (test)

6. testing mail->news gateway

7. <<<<<YOU MUST CHECK THIS OUT >>>>>>>>>> 2103

8. <><><> FLOODFILL <><><>

9. comp.lang.forth mail to news gateway

10. Mail to news posting gateway

11. Testing mail-news gateway...