Forwarded:Poplog installation problem
Author Message
 Forwarded:Poplog installation problem

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:36:07 +0100

I'm a student at Reading who needs to install the Poplog software for my =
third year project. Unfortunately I am not an experienced user of Unix =
systems and so I was not sure what to do when I encountered an =
installation problem

When I install Poplog, it will not run because it says the file =
libXm.so.2 does not exist. I have a relatively new version of motif =
which came with Red Hat linux 7.3 ( installed on a x86 PC), and noticed =
that in the section of the readme on motif it says that a computer with =
motif installed should have a file called libXm.so.2 as well as libXm.so =
etc. My computer has libXm.so, libXm.so.1, libXm.so.1.0.2, libXm.so.3, =
libXm.so.3.0.1. I'm not sure if the files mentioned in the readme have =
been replaced with more recent versions of motif - what can I do? =
Nothing will work without this file. And please excuse my ignorance on =
the matter.

If you know of a solution to this, could you e-mail it to =

Thanks,
Graham

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 01:45:22 GMT
 Forwarded:Poplog installation problem

Quote:

> When I install Poplog, it will not run because it says the file =
> libXm.so.2 does not exist.
> My computer has libXm.so, libXm.so.1, libXm.so.1.0.2, libXm.so.3,

This is quick, dirty and far from guaranteed, but you might be lucky:

(as root)
cd /usr/X11R6/lib
ln -s libXm.so.3 libXm.so.2

I.e., pretend that your libXm.so.3 is libXm.so.2 by making a symbolic
link.  If libXm.so.3 is sufficiently backward compatible, it might work.
If you try it, please let us know what happens, because other people
will probably be having the same problem soon.  (If it doesn't work,
undo the above with 'rm -f /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.2'.)

Good luck,

Stephen Isard

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:14:16 GMT

1. (forwarded for Brian Logan) Poplog timers ...

2. Forwarded: Poplog on OS-X

3. Linux Mandrake Poplog Installation

4. ExpectPy Installation problem --- problem restated.

5. Forward reference problem

6. Forward reference problem

7. Forwarded (Matthias Scheutz) Re: Sockets problem

8. Forwarded: Still Windows problems with popautolib?

9. Forwarded Re: Quick external problem?

10. Forwarded Re: Quick external problem?

11. Forwarded Re: Quick external problem?

12. Problem with using method_missing to forward messages