news-relayFrom: pop@roo.cs.umass.edu (Robin Popplestone)
Author Message
 news-relayFrom: pop@roo.cs.umass.edu (Robin Popplestone)

I'm bashing my head against a wall trying to discover how to add
a callback to a widget that handles the event of the pointer entering
and leaving a widget. There are various events listed in various help files
which appear relevant, but none are accepted by the widget. There is,
for example, an EnterWindowEvent mentioned in one of the ref files,
but there's no apparent corresponding name recognised by XtAddCallback.

Robin.

Mon, 27 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 news-relayFrom: pop@roo.cs.umass.edu (Robin Popplestone)
[To reply replace "Aaron.Sloman.XX" with "A.Sloman"]

Quote:

> Date: 9 Dec 1999 14:02:03 GMT
> I'm bashing my head against a wall trying to discover how to add
> a callback to a widget that handles the event of the pointer entering
> and leaving a widget. There are various events listed in various help files
> which appear relevant, but none are accepted by the widget.

Try this:

or

I found out about "mouseEvent" from REF XpwGraphic. I don't know if
it works for other kinds of widgets, e.g. motif widgets like
propsheet widgets etc.

I don't fully understand the difference between the two formats (as
explained in REF xt_callback).

The former format (using XptAddCallback) is used to handle all event
types in the RCLIB package and it seems to work. See
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/rclib/lib/rc_mousepic.p

Aaron
===
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )
EMAIL A.Sloman AT cs.bham.ac.uk   (NB: Anti Spam address)

Mon, 27 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. news-relayFrom: pop@roo.cs.umass.edu (Robin Popplestone)

2. news-relayFrom: pop@roo.cs.umass.edu (Robin Popplestone)

3. news-relayFrom: pop@roo.cs.umass.edu (Robin Popplestone)

4. news-relayFrom: pop@roo.cs.umass.edu (Robin Popplestone)

5. news-relayFrom: pop@edu.umass.cs.roo (Robin Popplestone)

6. news-relayFrom: pop@edu.umass.cs.roo (Robin Popplestone)

7. news-relayFrom: pop@edu.umass.cs.roo (Robin Popplestone)

8. news-relayFrom: pop@edlab.cs.umass.edu (Robin Popplestone)

9. news-relayFrom: pop@edu.umass.cs.winnie (Robin Popplestone)

10. news-relayFrom: pop@uucp.rabbit (pop)

11. vwnc@cs.uiuc.edu

12. NOW SHOWING - wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/VisualWorks/Recent+Changes