using HP M68040 workstation, series 400
Author Message
 using HP M68040 workstation, series 400

Has anyone using such a machine found out how to get the key marked
"Delete" to transmit a DEL character?

When I log in to the machine it transmits only ESC p, I think. When I
run X it transmits nothing (though backspace somehow decides to transmit
ESC O p, for reasons I cannot understand.)

This is running HP_UX version 8. The command
        uname -snrm
prints out
        HP-UX pippin B.08.00 9000/42E

(on a machine called "pippn").
I am hoping to be able to use the machine for teaching using Poplog,
so it would  be nice to have this sorted out. It seems to have defeated
everyone here in Birmingham.
Thanks.
Aaron

Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:24:10 GMT
 using HP M68040 workstation, series 400

Quote:

>Has anyone using such a machine found out how to get the key marked
>"Delete" to transmit a DEL character?

>When I log in to the machine it transmits only ESC p, I think. When I
>run X it transmits nothing (though backspace somehow decides to transmit
>ESC O p, for reasons I cannot understand.)

I've no idea how to get it working on a normal tty --- I presume there
is something wrong with the termcap settings somewhere.

On X you should be able to get it to work like this.

        1) Find out the keycode of the key using the XEV command. This
    will place a window on screen. Move the mouse inside it and press
    the delete key. You should see the keycode number amongst the
    information displayed in the window where you typed the command.

    2) Map the keycode onto the delete keysym. Do this with xmodmap. Eg:
    on Suns the keycode is 73 so

        % xmodmap -e "keycode 73 = Delete"

This should hopefully sort things out for X.

Adrian

Phone: +44 (0)273 678367  URL: http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/adrianh/

Tue, 18 Mar 1997 20:55:05 GMT

1. using HP M68040 workstation, series 400 (PS)

2. Smalltalk for HP Apollo Series 400 / HPUX9.10

3. Fortran 77 Compiler for a DIGITAL ALPHA 400 Workstation

4. AS/400 (I Series) Support

5. KCL/AKCL on HP9000/300 or 400 series

6. AS/400, RPG/400, COBOL, CL/400

7. Imprimir con impresoras HP 400

8. HP Server VS. HP 9000 Series

9. Tcl7.5b3 load test fail on HP 400

10. Rexx/400 & DB2/400

11. Old RM-COBOL UNIX programmer seeking info on move to COBOL/400 on AS/400

12. COBOL/400 on IBM AS/400