Objectclass Efficiency
Author Message
 Objectclass Efficiency

Hi all, I'm about to start implementing an A* search in Pop11, and I
plan to use the objectclass OO extension to define the nodes in the
search space. This way I can make my code extensible and apply the
search to other problems. I just wanted to know if anyone had any rough
(or otherwise) ideas about how the use of objectclass effects the
running time for programs. Is there any significant overhead involved in
using object class, or will it not make a significant difference
(although this will obviously depend on the problem size).

thanks,

-- Nick Hawes

PhD Student at the University of Birmingham
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~nah

Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:02:47 GMT
 Objectclass Efficiency

Steve did a pretty good job in getting the efficiency/flexibility tradeoff
right. I used lib objectclass extensively in writing a C compiler for
the Poplog VM. Multiple dispatch was particularly appreciated in dealing
with the C type-conversion rules.

Robin

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 05:02:34 GMT

1. Objectclass

2. lib objectclass AND reading expressions - a correction.

3. lib objectclass

4. Source file reference and objectclass

5. query about popc and objectclass

6. Modified version of objectclass

7. beginner - Objectclass slot type

8. query about popc and objectclass