24 Bit colour and RC_GRAPHIC
Author Message
 24 Bit colour and RC_GRAPHIC

Has anyone used the colours described in HELP XCOLOURS on a 24bit Sun
display?

I've tried things like

    'red' -> rc_window(XtN foreground);

which works just fine on an 8 bit sun, or X terminal or alphastation,
but on a 24 bit sun colour workstation the colours don't work.

Any suggestions?

Should it work?

Or am I doing something too naive?

(I know practically nothing about X, and I don't want to know. I just
want a Pop-11 programmer interface that does all the desirable things
with a graphical window.)

Aaron
PS
I have used the rclib object oriented-extension to rc_graphic which I
annouced a few days ago to implement a graphical version of the
LIB MSBLOCKS demonstration library (a Winograd-inspired "conversational"
robot). If anyone wants it the code is now in the ftp directory
    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/
either in the rctar.gz compressed tar file or the rclib/ directory, as
    rclib/lib/rc_blocks.p and rclib/lib/rc_hand.p
You also need to redefine forevery not to use "instance", which clashes
with objectclass. For this purpose fetch
    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/auto/forevery.p
and
    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/auto/pattern_instance.p
Even if you are not using my graphical stuff, you may want to fetch
these two if you wish to use objectclass and the pop-11 database.
===
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~axs )
School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, England

Phone: +44-121-414-4775 (Sec 3711)       Fax:   +44-121-414-4281

Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. True Colour (24-bit) Plotting with VESA.

2. 31 bit vs 24 bit - two easy questions

3. 24 bit colormap to 8 bit colormap

4. changing background colour of an rc_graphic window

5. Can only use 24 bit lengths from binarystream?

6. 24 bit color and VisualWorks

7. 24-bit sound

8. 24 bit MISC chip???

9. Newbie question...24 bit integer into LSB,MSB,HSB

10. Display 24 bit images

11. 24 bit maths routines for 8051