background colour for menus
Author Message
 background colour for menus

Is there any way in (say) the .Xdefaults file to specify the colour to
be used in the menus that VED pops up?

Robin

Sat, 26 Jul 1997 06:25:43 GMT
 background colour for menus

Quote:
> Is there any way in (say) the .Xdefaults file to specify the colour to
> be used in the menus that VED pops up?

> Robin

This may not be what you're after, but may give a lead:

I have put the line

           XVed*Background:     wheat

in my .Xdefaults file,
which gives me a wheat background to the POP Main Panel and all XVed windows + menus

cheers,
david

Sun, 27 Jul 1997 17:58:55 GMT
 background colour for menus

Quote:
> Is there any way in (say) the .Xdefaults file to specify the colour to
> be used in the menus that VED pops up?

> Robin

You're need to alter the menubarForeground and menubarBackground
window settings, either through xved_value, eg:

        'yellow' -> xved_value("currentWindow", "menubarBackground");

or using an X resource setting, eg:

        XVed*menubarBackground: yellow
        XVed*Documentation*menubarBackground: green

See REF * menubarBackground for more details.

Adrian

Phone: +44 (0)1273 678367 URL: http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/adrianh/

Tue, 29 Jul 1997 18:24:14 GMT

1. Aqua menu background colour.

2. VW2 Changing Background Colour

3. C55 Internet & Background Colour

4. Background colour on graph

5. changing background colour of an rc_graphic window

6. Setting image background colour in text widget?

7. Changing image background colour on canvas?

8. Changing background colour of BLT hiertable

9. How to change Pythonwin background colour?

10. can't make image and background colour match

11. Menu separator colour bug(?) on NT

12. Printing colour images on a colour printer