comp.lang.pop, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
Author Message
 comp.lang.pop, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

Quote:

> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> --

> To be weak or glad will recollect lean cases to generally dine.

Is there any truth in this above?

If there is any, who took that vote and when?
It certainly was not the readers of this news group!

And if whoever this is, makes good on their threat what
"other arrangements" can we take?

--
Jean-Claude Beaudoin

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:11:22 GMT
 comp.lang.pop, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

Quote:

>> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
>> for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
>> [....]

>> [nonsense line deleted...]

>Is there any truth in this above?

As far as I know this is pure spamtroll.  Virtually every group I check
in to -- including popular ones like rec.arts.tv -- have had this posting.
There is also apparently a cancelbot that follows them around, because
we never see the original on this server!  Only resposes from worried folks
like you... (:-/)

(Also I think they always have some sort of nonsense line like the one
I deleted.  Maybe the troller uses it to trace the responses or something.)

Hope that eases your mind.

Cheers,
                                        -- Pete --

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 00:27:10 GMT
 comp.lang.pop, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:11:22 -0500, Jean-Claude Beaudoin

Quote:

>> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
(snip)
>Is there any truth in this above?

My *guess* is not. It's one way to generate hostile spam for
the person allegedly posting the notice and/or to generate
unwanted traffic in the newsgroup which discusses group
creation/deletion.

There is/are person(s) known to do this as an attack.

Be very careful when replying to such a thing to check which
groups it is cross-posted to, and set followups if necessary.

--
Jonathan L Cunningham

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 06:31:23 GMT

1. comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

2. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

3. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

4. comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

5. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

6. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of newsgroup removal

7. comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

8. comp.lang.logo, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

9. comp.lang.dylan, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

10. comp.lang.oberon, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

11. comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

12. comp.lang.rexx, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal