Newsgroups: comp.lang.pop
Subject: Poplog on OS-X

Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 02:10:53 GMT

Hi All,

Has anyone tried to port Poplog to OS-X? Given that OS-X has BSD UNIX I
assume it wouldn't be super difficult.

Thanks,

Luc

[Comment:

The hard part would be producing the code generator for Power PC since
poplog is compiled, not interpreted. I.e. the incremental compiler
generates machine code for the host machine at run time. Also the
system builder generates assembler files.

However this has already been done for PPC + AIX, though I don't
know of anyone actually using poplog for that combination.
A poplog/pop11 expert knowledgable about OS-X could probably
do the port fairly quickly using a running poplog on another
machine to generate the new system, following the guidelines
on porting and system building in here:
        http://www.*-*-*.com/

If OS-X assembler is the same as PPC+AIX assembler, then only the system
calls would need to be changed, I presume.

Aaron

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 06:56:49 GMT

1. (forwarded for Brian Logan) Poplog timers ...

2. Forwarded:Poplog installation problem

3. Forward OS/2 system messages

4. Poplog on OS-X

5. os._exit(), os.kill(os.getpid(), 9)

6. Problem with any of os.system(), os.fork() & os.execp() and os.spawn()

7. Forwarded message from patterns mailing list...

8. forwarded from comp.lang.smalltalk

9. Forwarding / Delegation

10. .forward | awk > file

11. Copy Forward

12. PLAY,REWIND,FORWARD,PAUSE ....a WAV File ????