XVED: highlighting text
Author Message
 XVED: highlighting text

Whenever I use XVED (doesn't matter which terminal) after what seems
like an arbitrary amount of time I am no longer able to highlight text.
Restarting my window manager (ctwm) has no effect, the only thing that
fixes it is logging out and then logging back in.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this?

--

Cheers, Ed Sykes.

3rd Year of BSc Psychology/Artificial Intelligence
University of Birmingham

Mon, 13 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 XVED: highlighting text
[To reply replace "Aaron.Sloman.XX" with "A.Sloman"]

Quote:
> Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 18:08:14 +0000

> Whenever I use XVED (doesn't matter which terminal) after what seems
> like an arbitrary amount of time I am no longer able to highlight text.
> Restarting my window manager (ctwm) has no effect, the only thing that
> fixes it is logging out and then logging back in.

> Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this?

> Cheers, Ed Sykes.

> 3rd Year of BSc Psychology/Artificial Intelligence
> University of Birmingham

I have never come across this. Since you don't say what
happens when you try to highlight the text it is not easy
to comment.

Do all the buttons work normally. E.g. can you select a location
in the Ved buffer by clicking button 1. Can you mark a range by
dragging or do any of the other things described in
    HELP XVEDMOUSE

A list of which things work and which don't may help someone
identify the problem,

It should not be necessary to log out and log in again. It should
be enough to terminate the pop-11 process and restart it.

If you are using Ved in dumb terminal mode in an xterm window, it
can sometimes get into a state which requires the xterm window to be
reset, using the "full reset" option in the brought up by using
    CTRL + mouse button 2

(See the VT menu description in "man xterm")

Aaron
==
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )
EMAIL A.Sloman AT cs.bham.ac.uk   (NB: Anti Spam address)

Thu, 23 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do you deselect highlight text and position the cursor in an entry field

2. highlight selected text

3. SIMPLE TASK!(Cut&Paste Highlighted Text)

4. Text highlighting in a drop combo box.

5. Highlighted text

6. Capturing highlighted text

7. HELP: emacs config files and highlighting text

8. Capturing highlighted text from DVF5.0

9. Highlight specific text in HTML without touching HTML Tags

10. How to highlight in a text widget

11. How to highlight selected text in Tktable

12. Highlight but no entry in text widget