What predicates should a teaching prolog have?
Author Message
 What predicates should a teaching prolog have?

I have been wondering whether there is much agreement on what sorts
of predicates should be automatically available in a prolog system
used for teaching. I'd like to include them in a Poplog prolog saved
image.

E.g. Poplog prolog does not include append and member by default, though
there is a library

    library(useful)

which provides them, along with a few other things.

But what else should be there by default? The stuff in library(record)?

    record(Key, Term, Ref)

    recorda(Key, Term, Ref)

    recordz(Key, Term, Ref)

    recorded(Key, Term, Ref)

etc.?

Poplog prolog has a library for Dec-10 compatibility, providing record
and other things;
    library(dec10).

and one for changing the syntax to be closer to Edinburgh syntax

    library(edinsynt)

Should these be included by default in the saved image used for
teaching?

Are there people who have been using Poplog prolog for teaching who
could comment?

Thanks.
Aaron
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~axs )
School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, England

Phone: +44-121-414-4775 (Sec 3711)       Fax:   +44-121-414-4281

Thu, 30 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. What predicates should a teaching prolog have?

2. Predicates that create new predicates.

3. Problem with SWI Prolog and read predicate

4. setrand predicate on ciao-prolog

5. md5 predicate in Prolog?

6. relative(X,Y) predicate in Prolog - please help!

7. predicate errors on LPA WIN Prolog

8. Predicates in prolog

9. lpa prolog predicate "one"

10. Help me on the built in predicates in 'Open-Prolog

11. Sofar(X, predicate(X), SOfarlist, X) wanted in prolog

12. Permutation Predicate in Prolog.