Making a Poplog propbox vertical in Motif. Help please.
Author Message
 Making a Poplog propbox vertical in Motif. Help please.

I am designing and implementing an extendable user-tailorable menu-
driven interface for VED and Poplog applications.

I use the "propbox" datastructure provided in LIB PROPSHEET to create a
menu, but by default the buttons are arranged horizontally. I have found
out how to make them vertical under OpenLook, thanks to Adrian Howard at
Sussex, and I have made a guess at how to make them vertical under
Motif.

I would be gratefile if someone using Poplog with Motif would
test my guess for me by trying the following, after running Pop-11

uses propsheet; ;;; should be already part of Pop-11, but in case not....

;;; create a propbox with four buttons labelled A, B, C, D.
vars propbox = propsheet_new_box('TEST', false, false, [A B C D]);

;;; show it on screen (buttons should come out horizontal)
 propsheet_show(propbox);

;;; Now try to change its orientation:

;;; First load macro definitions for Motif

uses XmConstants

;;; Now change the orientation (I hope). Mark and load this:

XmVERTICAL ->
         XptValue(
             propbox.XptChildren.hd.XptChildren.hd.XptChildren.tl.hd,
             XtN orientation, TYPESPEC(:int)
         );

;;; Does that change the alignment?

;;; Also see if you can change its location, width and height

(500, 20, 50, 200) -> XptWidgetCoords(propbox);

if any Motif+Poplog users can check this out and tell me if it works, or
tell me what is needed, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks.
Aaron

Wed, 13 Dec 1995 22:46:43 GMT

1. Making a Poplog propbox vertical in Motif. Help please.

2. geometry for HELP panel in motif Poplog

3. Free Motif (better than Lesstif) works with Poplog/Xved

4. Running Linux Poplog without motif

5. rebuilding poplog for motif

6. linking motif poplog - generic script wanted

7. CW4 MAKING QUE (PLEASE HELP)

8. cw4 making Que (Please Help)

9. Q: stand alone executables made with Poplog?

10. PLEASE HELP re: making Windows App's using Fortran subroutines

11. please help to making a lisp running !!

12. Please help with making C and Tcl work together