draft incomplete intro to Pop-11 available by ftp
Author Message
 draft incomplete intro to Pop-11 available by ftp

I may live to regret this.....

As all the published introductions to Pop-11 are out of date and the
only accurate description of Poplog Pop-11 is in the online
documentation of the Poplog system (mainly the REF files) I have
been trying to write an introduction to the language for relatively
experienced programmers wishing to learn about a powerful AI language,
especially those whose brains don`t cope well with Lispy brackety
things.

Anyhow, this is how to fetch it.

    ftp ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk
    <login as "anonymous" with password your email address>
    cd pub/dist/papers
    get primer.Z
    quit

    uncompress primer

It's a straight ascii file, with no fancy formatting or typesetting, and
it is likely to be significantly extended, when I find time!

[At present the only other thing in that directory is a subdirectory
containing papers relating to our project on attention and affect
(emotions, motivation, etc.) which you are welcome to copy. It
contains a description of the contents in the file INDEX]

Aaron
--
Aaron Sloman,
School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, England

Phone: +44-(0)21-414-3711       Fax:   +44-(0)21-414-4281

Wed, 05 Jul 1995 08:33:33 GMT

1. A POP-11 Book Available via FTP

2. A POP-11 Book Available via FTP

3. How available is POP-11?

4. Very rough, incomplete draft of an M (MUMPS) FAQ available

5. Draft MIL-STD-SDD now available via ftp

6. Draft pre-standard ASIS 1.0A is available for anonymous FTP

7. FAQ: comp.lang.modula2, draft - 92.9.11 v0.4

8. FAQ: comp.lang.modula2, draft - 92.9.11 v0.4

9. calling prolog from pop-11

10. Pop-11 Procedures for encoding and decoding BASE64 files (mimencode)

11. Development of Pop-11 for Windows

12. GSL interface: another Pop-11 development task?