PC version of POP 11 ?
Author Message
 PC version of POP 11 ?

Hi folks

I wonder if any of yous know if there is a PC version
of POP11 kicking about and, if so, where I could get
information concerning it?

Thanks in advance

Iain

Fri, 31 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 PC version of POP 11 ?

Quote:
(PhD Research) writes:

>Hi folks

>I wonder if any of yous know if there is a PC version
>of POP11 kicking about and, if so, where I could get
>information concerning it?

>Thanks in advance

>Iain

I know *of* a version in development, but the guy who told
me about it asked me not to say who, since he is developing
it in his spare time (and doesn't want to be hassled).
(BTW, where's the betatest version I was promised :-).

There are also ports of Poplog that will run on PC hardware,
but I guess they cost.

But this is a common question. Is there a FAQ someone could
post?

--jlc

Sun, 02 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 PC version of POP 11 ?
: I know *of* a version in development, but the guy who told
: me about it asked me not to say who, since he is developing
: it in his spare time (and doesn't want to be hassled).
: (BTW, where's the betatest version I was promised :-).

That's interesting. I was thinking about that myself. It shouldn't be too hard
to write the compiler part. Because of the user stack thingy the code
generation could be quite simple. I suspect it is somewhat more difficult to
write one that generates efficient syspop, but what the hell. The run time
environment is would be harder. The worst thing would be re-writing all the
libraries that come with poplog. I suppose it depends on how compatible with
poplog-pop11 you'd want it to be.

: There are also ports of Poplog that will run on PC hardware,
: but I guess they cost.

There is a beta of the Linux port. I works as well, but only on an X display.

Richard

Sun, 02 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 PC version of POP 11 ?

Quote:
>There is a beta of the Linux port. I works as well, but only on an X display.

There's a more recent version which should be available for testing
soon that works in the console window (TERM is con80x25). It doesn't (yet)
set the cursor keys etc. to do anything sensible.

Julian

Mon, 03 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 PC version of POP 11 ?
There is a PC version which runs under LINUX. It is currently under
Beta test. A slightly limited version (probably restricted popmemlim,
no saved images, that kind of thing) will soon (more or less!) be available
free by ftp from Sussex. It is intended that the free version will
basically be complete POPLOG and be powerful enough for most
student exercises and projects, but restricted enough not to allow
really serious commercial developement of programs. The full unrestricted version
will be purchasable from ISL
Rudi

Mon, 03 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. POP-11 and PC

2. Pop-11 and PC

3. Re POP-11 and PC

4. HTML version of the Pop-11 Primer

5. New version of the Pop-11 Primer

6. HTML version of the Pop-11 Primer

7. The Language List - Version 2.3 (Part 11 of 11)

8. The Language List Version 2.2 (Part 11 of 11)

9. A POP-11 Book Available via FTP

10. calling prolog from pop-11

11. Pop-11 Procedures for encoding and decoding BASE64 files (mimencode)

12. Development of Pop-11 for Windows