Poplog under OpenWindows 3.0
Author Message
 Poplog under OpenWindows 3.0

I am running Poplog v 14.1.  Will it still work if I update my SUN to
OpenWindows 3.0 ?

Will Poplog v 14.2 run under OpenWindows 3.0 ?

Is upgrading from Poplog 14.1 to 14.2 easy ?

Is upgrading from OpenWindows 2.0 to 3.0 easy ?

Dom Fox
Research Fellow
University of Portsmouth, Civil Engineering

Tue, 05 Dec 1995 01:53:25 GMT
 Poplog under OpenWindows 3.0

Quote:

> I am running Poplog v 14.1.  Will it still work if I update my SUN to
> OpenWindows 3.0 ?

The non-X related parts of Poplog will work fine. The OLIT specific
stuff will not.

Quote:
> Will Poplog v 14.2 run under OpenWindows 3.0 ?

Yes.

Quote:
> Is upgrading from Poplog 14.1 to 14.2 easy ?

Quote:
> Is upgrading from OpenWindows 2.0 to 3.0 easy ?

Medium. If you took advantage of undocumented widgets you're in trouble
since many are no longer supported in OW3. Otherwise you shouldn't have
any real problems. Most of the differences are just bug-fixes. The
-XpolListItemPtr- structure changed slightly and the following
procedures became obsolete.

        LookupOlColors
        OlGetApplicationResources
        OlDetermineMouseAction
        OlReplayBtnEvent

Hope this helps.

ObDisclamer: Poplog pay my wages

Tue, 05 Dec 1995 05:59:06 GMT

1. tk2.0 on OpenWindows 3.0

2. RDBI 3.0, VST 3.0/Win and DB2/2

3. OpenWindows file manager

4. CLISP-CLX and open-display on Solaris 2.5 OpenWindows

5. (ed), CLX, and OpenWindows

6. Sun LispView and OpenWindows-3

7. "send" problem under OpenWindows

8. Color with LispView and Openwindows

9. building on SunOS 4.1.2 with OpenWindows 3

10. Setting tk icon in Openwindows

11. wm iconwindow on OpenWindows

12. Bizarre OpenWindows Tk Lockup