Bug fix in elizaprog.p 
Author Message
 Bug fix in elizaprog.p

I've recently made some changes to the pop-11 eliza program, included
with the Birmingham additions in

        $poplocal/local/lib/elizaprog.p

One of the changes was to replace this syntax

        newrule
                ....
        endnewrule

with

        define :newrule
                ....
        enddefine

(as explained in HELP DEFINE_FORM).

However I forgot that two of the existing rules were able to compile
new rules in response to user interactions, and they used the old
format. This did not show up in my testing because rules are shuffled
at random. For some reason I did not use 'grep' to check that all
occurrences of 'newrule' had been dealt with.

Anyhow the bug showed up while I was demonstrating eliza in the USA
last week, alas, so I've now fixed it. The revised version can be
fetched from here:

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

and installed in $poplocal/local/lib

It's now included in the relevant tar files.

I still plan to merge Birmingham extensions with the main system,
when I get time. That will overwrite older versions of files,
like:
        $usepop/pop/lib/lib/elizaprog.p

Aaron



Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:13:37 GMT  
 
 [ 1 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Fixed bugs = More bugs + Monkey V

2. bug fix for Python bug 537450 in 2.2.2 does break some existing code

3. Possible fix for Bug 494589 - os.path.expandvars bug

4. Bug #1464 in bug database is *not* fixed in Tcl/Tk 8.3.2

5. BUG: itcl2.2/tk4.2 canvas postscript output bugs (and fixes)

6. BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, BUGS, C4 BUGS

7. Squeak Bug Fixing Party at OOPSLA 2001

8. MultipleFileOpenDialog fileTypes bug fix

9. SUnit bug fix

10. nextPut: bug fixes for SocketWriteStream and FileStream

11. Bug in VisualWorks 5i4 string compare including fix

12. bug-, fixes-, and suggestions-database for DoME

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software