Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?
Author Message
 Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

Programmers Summary: I invented this great tasting stuff to keep me
awake during extended periods of coding. I  am making it available to
other programmers on the net.

The whole story:
Ive been a programmer/software engineer for over 19 years. After
leaving Lotus six years ago, I started my own company, Floater. To
create our product, I had to work as a contractor during the day and
code at night. The life style was really not much different then other
coding jobs that I had (Im sure 80-100 hour work weeks are something
that many of you have had experience with). Unreasonable deadlines
seem to be the norn in our industry.

Anyway, I sucked down a lot of coffee and Jolt Cola and  ate a lot of
junk food.  I tried the other caffeine delivery systems and found that
they either tasted like {*filter*}or upset my stomach. One day (while
falling a sleep at my computer) I got the idea to create a new
product. I mixed Salt Water Taffy, with Starbucks Espresso beans. It
tasted great! I then got some pure caffeine and added it to the mix.
It still tasted great!

I got a local manufacture to produce a 35 lb. batch of the stuff and
gave it to my friends as gifts. Everybody liked it, so I decided to
make it available to programmers on the net. I call it Tasty Buzz
Taffy and you can get it from my web site. I promise you, it is the
best tasting caffeine delivery system in the world (with the exception
of maybe Kona or Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee).

I will continue to make it as long as you continue to buy it. It has
to be made in bulk, and all batches are produced in the same factory
that manufactures regular Salt Water Taffy for the gift shops on Cape
Cod.
You can learn more about it by my visiting my web site at
http://www.*-*-*.com/
You can order it 24 hours a day by calling (612) 229-4966 (this is a
service that I am paying to take orders).

Please let me know what you think. I can vary the flavor by adding or
subtracting espresso beans and flavoring.

Regards,

Craig

Tasty Buzz Taffy

"If we didn't make it, it's not tasty"

You can order it 24 hours a day by calling
(612) 229-4966 or order online at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

2. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

3. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

4. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

5. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

6. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

7. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

8. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

9. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

10. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

11. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?

12. Programming more, sleeping less. How do you stay awake?