Grandmothers and eggs
Author Message
 Grandmothers and eggs

Since not all of us were around in the sixties, I thought it might be
useful to point out that Ray Dunn was the person who really got POP-2
(complete with incremental compiler) to the state of being a tool that
worked well enough to support the work of one of the leading AI research
groups in the world. Of course, a systematic approach to portability
only arrived with Poplog, although some initial work was done by Rod
Burstall and Bill Scherliss, who implemented a POP-in-POP.

An interesting question - what is the history of incremental compilation?
We were not aware that it was done anywhere else at the time.

Robin.

Fri, 30 Jun 1995 21:54:07 GMT

1. Grandmothers and eggs

2. egg on face

3. NIRCHI sucks eggs

4. easter egg?

5. Easter Egg Hunt

6. Laying an Egg

7. Decorate Easter Egg

8. Decorate Easter Egg

9. LOGO-L> Easter Egg

10. DrScheme easter egg?

11. Easter Egg: Scary Face in Dr.Scheme

12. Reading a C record from socket - chicken / egg problem - now complete