Error when loading files in ved
Author Message
 Error when loading files in ved

Hello,

When loading a file in ved via the 'filetool' (from using 'Open File' from
the file menu), I get the following error message about 10% of the time
when selecting a file/folder to be opened.

;;; MISHAP - (LIVE) OlListToken NEEDED
;;; INVOLVING:  <Window>
;;; DOING    :  XptLiveTypeCheck XpolListTokenToItem XptCallbackHandler
         XptCallbackWrapper <External Calls> pop_ui_filetool XptDeferApply
         runproc charin buffercharin lexget lispreaditem top_level_read
         read read_toplevel_form null top_level_loop lispCOMPILE lisp_compile
         pop_setpop_compiler
;;; EDITING: new-lisp/internal_text_functions4.l, ON LINE 1

Has anyone any idea whats causing it ??

Thanks

Tony Lennard

Sun, 30 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Error when loading files in ved

Quote:
> When loading a file in ved via the 'filetool' (from using 'Open File'
> from the file menu), I get the following error message about 10% of the
> time when selecting a file/folder to be opened.

You are presumably running under Open Look, since  XpolListTokenToItem
is Open Look specific. Poplog under Open Look is generally more fragile
than under Motif - typically I leave Poplog up for a month under Motif,
whereas it may crash within the hour under Open Look. Other software is
also fragile under Open Look, e.g. Mosaic. Poplog is presumably more
fragile than many applications because it is more dynamic in its creation
of widgets. So one may suspect Open Look, which is now being phased out by
Sun.

Robin Popplestone.

Sun, 30 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running Ved from Ved

2. ODBC File Import driver load error

3. File Loaded Drop Box error message

4. Syntactic errors when compiling from a ved buffer

5. Error in Assembly file loading byte

6. Run time error re: loading binary files in F77

7. error loading files containing nullbytes w/ urllib?

8. relocation error when loading .so file

9. return -code error blurb behaves wrong in auto loaded file

10. DRAFT Ved utility for editing files whose names have spaces

11. Stupid question about VED documentation files

12. VED sometimes overwrites current buffer when reading in file