GCL on DEC-Alpha+Which X-Lisp??
Author Message
 GCL on DEC-Alpha+Which X-Lisp??

Quote:

> Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 16:29:34 GMT

> I used PopLog Common Lisp some years back.  I'm not sure how much
> it's changed since then or, in particular, how far it's moved from
> the 1st edition of CLtL Common Lisp to 2nd edition CLtL or ANSI
> Common Lisp.

I asked John Williams, the main Lisp implementor in the Poplog
development team (at ISL and Sussex University) and he said:

    "Poplog 15 Common Lisp is a near-complete implementation of
    CLtL2, the only omissions being user-defined method combination,
    the new pretty printer, and `compile-file'".

[jeff]

Quote:
> BUT:  The CLOS question.

> I don't know anything about CLOS in PopLog CL.  I didn't try
> to use it.

The online Poplog Lisp News file states:

1994 Apr 28 (John Williams)
    o Poplog Common Lisp now includes an almost complete implementation
    of CLOS (the Common Lisp Object System) as discussed in Steele 1990,
    Chapter 28. The main omission is that currently only standard method
    combination is supported.

But I can't comment on how well it is implemented. If you fetch the
free Linux Poplog from

        ftp://ftp.cogs.susx.ac.uk/pub/poplog/poplog15.0

you'll be able to check for yourself, and perhaps post a summary.

Aaron
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~axs )
School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, England

Phone: +44-121-414-4775 (Sec 3711)       Fax:   +44-121-414-4281

Sat, 02 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. GCL on DEC-Alpha+Which X-Lisp??

2. GNU Common Lisp (GCL) for DEC Alpha/OSF1

3. Summary: Free Lisps for SCO (Clisp, GCL, Xlisp)

4. DEC Alpha and Lisp

5. Problem running CMU Lisp on Dec Alpha/OSF

6. Lisp on DEC alpha

7. Common Lisp for DEC alpha?

8. Common Lisp for Dec Alphas?

9. Common Lisp compilers for DEC Alpha OSF/1

10. Common Lisp for Dec Alpha AXP?

11. is there vhdl for dec/ultrix or dec /alpha

12. alpha/dec unix 4.0: Linking/ld f77 with gcc on dec unix 4