reporting pop bugs.
Author Message
 reporting pop bugs.

Quote:
> I read in the REAME file for Linux poplog that it is completely
> unsupported and that we should come here for assistance. That's fair
> enough, but what I want to know is: Are they interested in hearing bug
> reports though?

Certainly. To quote from HELP POPLOG:

    All Poplog users are invited to submit bug reports and enhancement
    requests: see HELP * BUGFORM for details.

And that includes anyone using the free Linux version. The "unsupported"
tag just means that you can't expect a reply.

Quote:
> When compiling the example 'wine-advisor' program from TEACH * PRODSYS,
> it gives lots of warnings about using vars where I should be using
> dlocals.
> I assume this is something to do with the change of default vars
> variable status in poplog 15.00 that it mentions in help news. This is
> fair enough, but shouldn't somebody update lib prodsys to take this into
> account???

Don't be confused by Aaron's reply. The simplest thing to do is ignore
the warnings -- they're harmless. Or if you want to be consistent with
the 14.51 system in COGS, add

    compile_mode global :pop11 +oldvar;

to your "init.p" file. But yes, it is a bug: something that got
overlooked in the changeover.

Robert

School of Cognitive & Computing Sciences               tel: 01273 678881
University of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9QH, UK            fax: 01273 671320

Fri, 15 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. reporting pop bugs (and pvars)

2. Tcl8.0p1 error reporting bug report and patches

3. Reporting bugs to the net (was Re: Another bug in DEC Fortran)

4. BUG REPORT: Color bugs in tk4.0???

5. I can't find my bug report in the Scriptics Bug DB.

6. expr bug report not a bug

7. POP Bug or Lamer Ignornace?

8. comp.lang.pop (and pop-forum) FAQ available in html

9. comp.lang.pop (and pop-forum) FAQ available in html

10. comp.lang.pop -> pop-forum gateway

11. comp.lang.pop and pop-forum gateway

12. pop FAQ (was Q: what is pop?)