Output with sim_agent
Author Message
 Output with sim_agent

I am using the sim_agent package and wondered how I would go about
neatening the output. Right now we are getting the default output which
shows everything taht is going on in the world. We want to strip this
down to just print the information that we feel necessary. Is there any
way to manipulate it?

Thanx,
Olly

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:22:36 GMT
 Output with sim_agent
[To reply replace "Aaron.Sloman.XX" with "A.Sloman"]

Quote:
> Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 15:22:36 +0000
> I am using the sim_agent package and wondered how I would go about
> neatening the output. Right now we are getting the default output which
> shows everything taht is going on in the world. We want to strip this
> down to just print the information that we feel necessary. Is there any
> way to manipulate it?

Without knowing precisely what you are doing it is not easy to
comment.

There are many different kinds of tracing, some defined in
    HELP poprulebase

in the section headed
 -- Additional procedures and variables used for tracing

I don't think any of those procedures are made true by
default,though you may have inadvertently made somet true.

Another kind of tracing is done by trace procedures and methods in
lib sim_agent. See HELP sim_agent. Look at the sections with these
headings:

    -- Methods for tracing within sim_run_agent

Some of those methods are defined by default to print out some
information, but by redefining them to do nothing you can reduce
the trace printout. Some examples are in the teach files:

    teach sim_demo

    teach sim_feelings

Search for "trace" and "tracing".
(See TEACH vedsearch)

Aaron
====
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )

PAPERS: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/cogaff/
FREE TOOLS: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freepoplog.html

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:47:49 GMT

1. Problems with sim_agent toolkit

2. The sim_agent toolkit - demonstration movies on web page

3. The sim_agent toolkit - demonstration movies on web page

4. how print output to screen and output file

5. Outputting info from awk and using the info to name the awk output file

6. Create polymorhpic output for I32 input (select output type)

7. rxvt + python problem: script output buffered and interactive output missing

8. HOW TO CAPTURE AN OUTPUT LINE OF A VHDL OUTPUT IN TCL

9. J question: box as an output formatter, or other paths to formatted output?

10. Find an Utility which make your plain ascii output to graphical output in Windows !!

11. How to attach several outputs to one output box using sequence structure..

12. expect: kick off a task with lots of output, but don't process output after that