New more compact linux-poplog package
Author Message
 New more compact linux-poplog package

[To reply replace "Aaron.Sloman.XX" with "A.Sloman"]

I have produced a more compact poplog package for linux. It does not
have any of the standard poplog saved images pre-built. The cost is that
installation takes a little longer, but probably not nearly as much
longer as fetching the extra megabytes over a slow link.

There's a main package (gzipped tar file), about 12 Mbytes (I could
split it), and various optional extras, all accessible here:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

If you get the main package and untar it you'll find instructions and
a shell script that should just run OK if you are super-user (it
creates /usr/local/poplog and inserts links in /usr/local/bin/
and /usr/share/man

You may have to edit the scripts if you are not using RedHat linux.

The directory also includes Openmotif (not in the tar file any more) so
you can download it from there if you don't have it already.

There have been quite a lot of changes and I may not have successfully
converted all of my instructions and installation scripts.

Please report problems.

But it should be easier than ever before -- provided that you want to
duplicate the Birmingham setup. If not, edit the installation script
before running it.

Later I'll include more options.

If you don't have or don't want to use motif, it should be possible to
re-link and rebuild the saved images. Later I'll produce a script for
that. Even without it most of the X facilities work, but not XVed's
scrollbar or menu buttons.

Aaron
====
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~axs/ )

PAPERS: http://www.*-*-*.com/ (And free book on Philosophy of AI)
FREE TOOLS: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:24:01 GMT

1. New more compact linux-poplog package (scripts upgraded)

2. Linux POPLOG package dependencies?

3. the old free linux poplog comes to life on suse linux

4. Another Update to the Linux Python Distribution: 2 new packages

5. New packages added to Linux Python Distribution

6. NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS [package version 1.5.1-10]

7. NEW Release of Linux Python RPMS [package version 1.5.1-10]

8. Newly packaged PC Win9x/NT Poplog

9. Package to convert online Poplog Documentation to html

10. Newly packaged PC Win9x/NT Poplog

11. Newly packaged PC Win9x/NT Poplog

12. poplog for small linux systems