Forwarded Re: Quick external problem?
Author Message
 Forwarded Re: Quick external problem?

Hi all,

I have managed to get external load to work for previous .so files. The
.so file I'm trying to load now consists of the three C files compiled
against other libraries. I was hoping that I was missing something
obvious when trying to load.

Normally if there is an error in the .so file ie. headers don't match up
  then it will specify which values/symbols it can't match. In the
current example poplog fails to find any of the symbols, which is why I
suspect it to be something to do with the way I'm loading the file??

One interesting point which I have just come across is if I have
mismatched one of the headers in the poplog file to the header in the
.so file. The first time I compile the poplog file it complains about
all the symbols/values ie. it can't find any of the functions. The
second time I compile the file (in the same pop session) it only
complains about the mismatched header??

As a consequence I've noticed (with the mismatched header fixed) the
file doesn't complain the second time I load??

I've included a sample of the error messages below...

The first time I compile (in Xemacs) I get something like,...

: ;;; Compiling buffer rti.p
;;; Warning: can't open shared object rti.so
;;;     (Inappropriate ioctl for device)
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol getAttributeHandle
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol getAttributeName
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol getObjectClassName
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol getObjectClassHandle
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol enableTimeRegulation
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol
attributeOwnershipAcquisitionIfAvailable
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol
unconditionalAttributeOwnershipDivesture
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol requestObjectAttributeValueUpdate
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol requestClassAttributeValueUpdate
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol deleteObjectInstance
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol updateAttributeValues
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol registerObjectInstance
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol subscribeObjectClassAttributes
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol publishObjectClass
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol resignFederationExecution
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol joinFederationExecution
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol destroyFederationExecution
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol createFederationExecution

;;; MISHAP - ERRORS ACCESSING EXTERNAL SYMBOLS (see above)
;;; FILE     :  /tmp/emacsxaF_9t   LINE NUMBER:  432
;;; DOING    :  external_do_load exload_do_batch_load external
pop_setpop_comp
;;;     iler

The second time with one function renamed ('t' missing),...

: ;;; Compiling buffer rti.p
;;; Error: can't find value for symbol geAttributeHandle

;;; MISHAP - ERRORS ACCESSING EXTERNAL SYMBOLS (see above)
;;; FILE     :  /tmp/emacsxaFtFL   LINE NUMBER:  432
;;; DOING    :  external_do_load exload_do_batch_load external
pop_setpop_compiler

If the 't' isn't missing then the second time I compile I get no errors?
I've added a simple function into the .so file to test if the functions
work after the second compile and they do work?!

However if I add a printf statement to this simple test function I get a
stack error...

;;; MISHAP - ste: STACK EMPTY (missing argument? missing result?)
;;; DOING    :  new_pop_ext_call pop_setpop_compiler

I know I had 'printf' and 'cout' statements in my original simple
example any ideas why it doesn't like them now?

Cheers

Mike

Quote:

--
Mike

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mhl/

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:17:34 GMT

1. Forwarded Re: Quick external problem?

2. Forwarded Re: Quick external problem?

3. Quick external problem?

4. External syncing of Quick Time

5. Forward reference problem

6. Forward reference problem

7. Forwarded (Matthias Scheutz) Re: Sockets problem

8. Forwarded: Still Windows problems with popautolib?

9. Forwarded:Poplog installation problem

10. Problem with using method_missing to forward messages

11. Problem doing forward-chaining / findall

12. Bug report (Tk4.0b4): search forward problem in text widgets