Offer to talk at Seminars
Author Message
 Offer to talk at Seminars

           Cigars and Crumpled Newspaper - Intrinsically Marr

As my good friends know, I keep my head buried in work for a couple of
years, then go walk-about during one year giving seminars. My walk-about
year ends this July. I am willing to speak anywhere in the U.K. until
July. During July itself, I will be in Germany, on holiday, but would be
very happy to take a de-tour to any German University or research
institution to see their facilities and give a talk. This year
the most appreciated talk is, 'Cigars and Crumpled Newspaper -
Intrinsically Marr', a critique of Marr's thesis that generalised
cylinders are a good thing! I also have a couple of talks on a unique
parameterisation of the perspective projections - handy for vision and
robotics researchers. I would also be willing to brew up a talk on a new
approach to building hierarchical and parametric models in vision. If
any of these topics interest you then do e-mail me.

P.S. Everything I demonstrate is implemented in Pop-11 (amongst other
     things).

--

                 Department of Computer Science, University of Reading,
                 Whiteknights, Reading, Berkshire, UK, RG6 2AX.

Fri, 11 Aug 1995 23:10:42 GMT

1. O-O technology seminar offered by ParcPlace Systems

2. O-O technology seminar offered by ParcPlace Systems

3. free Fortran 90 seminars being offered

4. O-O technology seminar offered by ParcPlace Systems

5. Free APL2 seminar at L.A. City College

6. Computing seminar for mathematics teachers

7. APL User Group Seminar

8. APL2 Seminars

9. Tool of Thought seminar in Manhattan

10. Report of the ESUG'99 Seminars