Info on "pop" ?
Author Message
 Info on "pop" ?

Hello All!

What is the "pop" programming langauge use for ? Where can I read / find
more info about it.

Kind Regards,

Lennie De Villiers

Web: www.lando.co.za/Lennie
My CV: www.lando.co.za/Lennie/CV.htm

--- Remove ~ and 9s from email address when replying ---

Fri, 20 May 2005 02:48:05 GMT
 Info on "pop" ?

Greetings.

Quote:
> Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 20:48:05 +0200

> Hello All!

> What is the "pop" programming langauge use for ? Where can I read / find
> more info about it.

> Kind Regards,

> Lennie De Villiers

> Web: www.lando.co.za/Lennie
> My CV: www.lando.co.za/Lennie/CV.htm

Pop-11 is multi-paradigm, extendable programming language roughly
similar in power to Common Lisp, but with some strong stylistic
differences. Both were primarily developed to support research (and
teaching) in Artificial Intelligence, but have much wider
applications.

You can learn about Pop-11 here:
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/primer/index.html

(or fetch the tar file and unpack it for local browsing:
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/pophtmlprimer.tar.gz
        (about 400 kbytes)

Pop-11 is the core language of Poplog, a free, open source,
multi-language software development environment, described here
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/poplog.info.html

Poplog can be fetched in various forms here
    http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freepoplog.html

There is a mirror site containing additional Pop-11 and Poplog
materia, here
    http://www.poplog.org

Aaron
====
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )

PAPERS: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/cogaff/ (And free book on Philosophy of AI)
FREE TOOLS: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/poplog/freepoplog.html

Tue, 24 May 2005 02:20:14 GMT

1. learning Pop-11 the "LOGO way": TEACH GSTART

2. correction re "POP"

3. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

4. "Creation of pop-up menus"

6. Info please -- "High Level Assembler"

7. DDE info, a "stand-alone" MSG()

8. "INFO wanted : Eiffel and Tuxedo"

9. Any info on "super-ASCII"?

10. Info on "TRILOGY"