popmemlim in Linux Poplog
Author Message
 popmemlim in Linux Poplog

Quote:
>I am considering installing the Linux Poplog system, but;
>What is the memory limit?

If you are referring to the free Linux Poplog then popmemlim is fixed
at 200000. Obviously the full Poplog can use as much memory as is
available on the machine.

Julian

Mon, 20 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 popmemlim in Linux Poplog

Quote:

> : I am considering installing the Linux Poplog system, but;
> : What is the memory limit?

> I tried it last night and doing:

> popmemlim =>;
> 200000

> I assume that means (roughly) 200k.

Hmm, REF * POPMEMLIM is not totally clear on this point:

  popmemlim -> int                                              [variable]
  int_or_false -> popmemlim
          This  (active)  integer  variable  specifies  the  (approximate)
          maximum number of words  to which the  system should expand  the
                            ^^^^^

which I take to mean native machine words - i.e. 32 bits on linux.

So popmemlim == 200000 is 800k.

Ian.

Mon, 20 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Poplog Common Lisp on Windows NT - popmemlim

2. the old free linux poplog comes to life on suse linux

3. poplog for small linux systems

4. Tuning linux-poplog

5. Tuning linux-poplog # correction

6. Bug in array implementation in linux+PC poplog

7. Linux Mandrake Poplog Installation

8. Fixing systime in linux poplog on X86

9. Linux poplog (not systime)

10. systime in linux poplog on X86

11. Problem with linux poplog

12. Poplog on Linux