POP server
Author Message
 POP server

ANyone here ever used or installed a POP server on a Unix or OSF operating
system?

Mon, 22 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 POP server

Quote:

> ANyone here ever used or installed a POP server on a Unix or OSF operating
> system?

Yes, I've been trying to use the pop servers that come from Digital but
havn't had much success -- I've got them working but there are some bugs
I'm having a hard time getting resolved on both machines.  If your still
interested in this or want the info I have on installing it let me know
and I'll send it to you (mail me directly).  I'm also looking for a popd
that supports the password change option on eudora.  Ultrix popd doesn't,
havn't tried OSF/1 popd yet but it looks like it's from the same code base
so I doubt that it will.

Mon, 29 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 POP server
Every now and again the name of this news group "comp.lang.pop" gets
misinterpreted. E.g.

Quote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 09:59:02 -0600

> > ANyone here ever used or installed a POP server on a Unix or OSF operating
> > system?

> Yes, I've been trying to use the pop servers that come from Digital but
> havn't had much success ....

Please note that comp.lang.pop has nothing to do with "post office
protocol". It is for discussion related to Pop-11, Poplog and Poplog
languages, i.e. prolog, common lisp and standard ML.

Also comp.lang.pop is gatewayed to an email list and the people on
the list are likely to be mystified by references to POP servers.

Maybe there should be another usenet group for such discussions.
There does not seem to be one, as far as I can tell.
Aaron
---
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs )
School of Computer Science, The University of Birmingham, B15 2TT, England

Phone: +44-(0)121-414-4775       Fax:   +44-(0)121-414-4281

Fri, 03 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 POP server
Some non-academic contributers may read POP as Point Of Presence
--
John H Streeter. Quality Innovations Limited.

Sun, 05 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. SMTP/POP Server in REXX

2. smtp and pop servers?

3. Python and POP server

4. POP server code in python, anyone?

5. Tcl/Tk interface to PopMail ( pop server)

6. How can I receive email from a pop server using Labview 6.0.

7. Pop or pop3 server commands

8. Pop and the Web - server processes hanging on child

9. sockserv -- SMTP/NNTP/POP-like server module

10. comp.lang.pop (and pop-forum) FAQ available in html

11. comp.lang.pop (and pop-forum) FAQ available in html

12. comp.lang.pop -> pop-forum gateway