ftp.cogs.susx.ac.uk (Plug FAQ) problems
Author Message
 ftp.cogs.susx.ac.uk (Plug FAQ) problems

Some people have experienced continued problems with the UoS ftp server
- ftp.cogs.susx.ac.uk

One known problem is due to the high load on JANET. This means that DNS
lookup for your address is failing (times out) when you try to connect.
The ftp server then refuses the connection. This wouldn't be so bad but
the server is issuing the wrong error message :-(

If this happens to you, please try again at an off peak time (in UK
terms).

If you still can't connect, please send me a message giving a transcript
of the attempted connection including the time and date.

Thanks,

Ian.

Roll on Super-Janet

Sat, 21 Oct 1995 22:15:18 GMT

1. Re. bham.ac.uk/~ug55aes/projects/poplog/index.html

2. www.cs.bham.ac.uk down?

3. subscribe comp.lang.rexx com40189@paisley.ac.uk

4. In-Reply-To: P.Riocreux@shef.ac.uk's message of 11 Jan 1995

5. Your mail sent to mailbase.ac.uk with subject Hello,introduction on ADSL

6. CALLING sharmad@uk.ac.man.edu.p4

7. ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/vo

8. UK Tcl/Tk ftp site

9. Self 2.0.1 available by anonymous ftp in UK

10. Plug help files and FAQ

11. Squeak FTP site established: ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak

12. My ftp site (ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper)