Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:02:48 -0500 (EST)

Subject: suppressing write errors on sockets

I've run into a problem with sockets that are closed by a client (i.e., a
web browser) while the server (a primitive web server written in pop11) is
still writing to it: I keep getting the MISHAP "ERROR WRITING DEVICE",
which crashes my web server (this is produced by the procedure
"Write_error(dev)" in devio.p).

I'm wondering if there is a way to suppress the mishap for write errors on
sockets?  E.g., is it possible to set the flag "M_UNT_IGNORE_WRITE_ERR"
flag for the socket device, something like

comm_sock!D_UNIT_N!UNT_FLAGS || M_UNT_IGNORE_WRITE_ERR ->
   comm_sock!D_UNIT_N!UNT_FLAGS;

which would then make "Write_error(dev)" simply return instead of
producing the mishap?

(I tried to compile the above, which was modelled after the way code was
written in devio.p, but was not successful, in particular, pop did not
recognize the variables, it did not like the "!", and so on...  obviously,
I'm doing something very wrong here :)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Best,

Matthias Scheutz
Assistant Professor                 http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mscheutz/
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, 351 Fitzpatrick Hall
University of Notre Dame                   Notre Dame, IN 46556
USA                                    Phone: +1 (574) 631-0353

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 00:10:10 GMT

1. Suppress error message when my process finds no rows

2. suppressing error messages from sql

3. How to retrive forwarded message from multipart message body

4. socket error message: software caused connection abort

5. TCL-DP Error Message: couldn't open socket: connection refused

6. Socket connection fails with socket already connected message

7. Suppressing gforth startup message

8. Suppressing ;;;LIB messages

9. Suppressing ;;;LIB messages

10. re-defining lib to suppress messages.

11. Suppress annoying messages (from AS/400 EXECSQL)?

12. ifc: suppress module messages ?