permutations
Author Message
 permutations

Quote:

>>I need either an algorithm or code to produce a non-redundant
>>series of permutations...

>Classic problem. almost a homework problem. (is it?)
>It should be in the FAQ for comp.lang.prolog or comp.lang.pop, I have cross
>posted to them since I couldn't find it in their FAQ's....

     Well, if it is (as you suspect) a homework problem, the
answer to question 6 should cover it.  Otherwise, why should
it be in the FAQ [list] for comp.lang.prolog?  FAQ stands for
"Frequently Asked Question", and I remember such a question
being asked maybe twice before, with it looking a lot like
homework each time.

--Jamie.

Wed, 02 Aug 1995 07:35:10 GMT
 permutations

Quote:
>I need either an algorithm or code to produce a non-redundant
>series of permutations.  What I mean by this is for example
>given ABC I want the permutations for say groups of 2 letters
>i.e.  AB
>      AC
>      BC

>      I don't want to consider BA, CA, or CB.

>As an added complication I want to be able to generate these
>patterns for any number of combinations.  That is given for example
>given 6 items I may want unique patterns of 5,4,3 groups or any
>number I choose.

>Thanks.

Classic problem. almost a homework problem. (is it?)
It should be in the FAQ for comp.lang.prolog or comp.lang.pop, I have cross
posted to them since I couldn't find it in their FAQ's....

Wed, 02 Aug 1995 01:00:52 GMT
 permutations
--

University of {*filter*}ia                  uunet!{*filter*}ia!rca2t

Mon, 14 Aug 1995 10:50:57 GMT

1. all-permutations is faster than permutation

2. A permutation on permutations

3. Generating permutations

4. Finding permutations

5. All Permutations

6. All permutations

7. Permutation

8. Permutations

9. Linked list to Permutation vector

10. Permutations

11. Puzzler: function of permutation vector

12. Fwd: re: Puzzler: Permutations and Anagrams