Common Lisp part in PopLog
Author Message
 Common Lisp part in PopLog

hi,

I am currently testing PopLog by porting a CL project to use it.
I've run into a few obstacles which I didn't find clear documentation
for and might be parts which

1. It seems to miss the CL functions READ-SEQUENCE and
ENSURE-DIRECTORY-EXIST (In other words it is only CLTL2 compliant and
not ANSI compliant.. Would it be better to add CLTL2 to the
feature list?)

2. I couldn't find a nice way to get RUN-UNIX-PROGRAM working in a
simple way, it should be in the POPLOG package? When I try a REQUIRE
it runs out of memory..

3. How can I get the command line arguments given to the clisp program
when it is started, e.g for running as part of a shell-script?

4. LOAD seems to insist on the ".lsp" extension even though there
is something called *lispfiletypes* which it could iterate through
when I call e.g (load "foo") and the file is foo.lisp. Most CL
implementations I know have some way to customise this.
(I made a wrapper to solve this ever so long..)

5. Is there any MOP support in PopLog or any MOP planned?

It seems nice enough though (need to add READ-SEQUENCE and
ENSURE-..-EXIST to really test) :)

Stig Erik Sandoe    Institute of Informatics, University of Bergen

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Poplog Common Lisp on Windows NT - popmemlim

2. linux poplog (pop11, prolog, common lisp, ml)

3. linux poplog (pop11, prolog, common lisp, ml)

4. linux poplog (pop11, prolog, common lisp, ml)

5. Poplog Common Lisp

6. What I want from my Common Lisp vendor and the Common Lisp community

7. lucid common lisp -- C -- Common lisp intercallability

8. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp - the Summary

9. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp

10. Sun Common Lisp vs. Allegro Common Lisp

11. New Common Lisp, Lisp-to-C translation, Lisp library for C

12. #+COMMON, #+COMMON-LISP, #+CLtL1 or #+CLtL2?