Poplog Common Lisp on Windows NT - popmemlim
Author Message
 Poplog Common Lisp on Windows NT - popmemlim

Greetings,

I recently downloaded Poplog to my Windows NT machine and fired it up in
clisp mode. While running a series of Gabriel benchmarks it was almost
complete when I got the following error:

:mishap - rom: memory limit (popmemlim) exceeded (using heap space)

Is there someway to increase this limit? It can't be a limit in my pc as
it is very well endowed.

A related question. How do I trigger a global gc? Usually it is
something like: (gc).

BTW, I have run these benchmarks for ACL, LWW, Corman, and Clisp. Poplog
was doing very well beating everything except ACL which seems to be in a
class by itself.

Thanks!

--
John Watton
Alcoa Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Poplog Common Lisp on Windows NT - popmemlim
[To reply replace "Aaron.Sloman.XX" with "A.Sloman"]

Quote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:41:27 GMT

> Greetings,

And to you.

Quote:

> I recently downloaded Poplog to my Windows NT machine and fired it up in
> clisp mode. While running a series of Gabriel benchmarks it was almost
> complete when I got the following error:

> :mishap - rom: memory limit (popmemlim) exceeded (using heap space)

> Is there someway to increase this limit? It can't be a limit in my pc as
> it is very well endowed.

In pop11 it would be (for example)

    6000000 -> popmemlim;

to make maximum heap size 6M words (24Mbytes on a 32 bit machine).

So I assume that you can do this in Poplog lisp

(setq pop11::popmemlim 6000000)

Alternatively in ved try
    help storeutils

or look at
    $usepop/pop/lisp/help/storeutils

Maybe *max-store-size* is an alternative.

Quote:
> A related question. How do I trigger a global gc? Usually it is
> something like: (gc).

The Pop-11 command is sysgarbage();

So try
(pop11::sysgarbage)

To get information printed at each garbage collection do

(setq pop11::popgctrace T)

The storeutils file may give alternative methods.

Quote:
> BTW, I have run these benchmarks for ACL, LWW, Corman, and Clisp. Poplog
> was doing very well beating everything except ACL which seems to be in a
> class by itself.

Very interesting.

Aaron
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )
EMAIL A.Sloman AT cs.bham.ac.uk   (NB: Anti Spam address)

Wed, 01 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. popmemlim in Linux Poplog

2. new Common Lisp for Windows 95/98/NT on the web

3. Common Lisp Implementation for Windows NT 4.0

4. Common Lisp part in PopLog

5. linux poplog (pop11, prolog, common lisp, ml)

6. linux poplog (pop11, prolog, common lisp, ml)

7. linux poplog (pop11, prolog, common lisp, ml)

8. Poplog Common Lisp

9. (NEW) Poplog Version 15.53 for windows/NT

10. What I want from my Common Lisp vendor and the Common Lisp community

11. lucid common lisp -- C -- Common lisp intercallability

12. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp - the Summary