benchmark
Author Message
 benchmark

Hello,

The Great Computer Language Shootout is an informal benchmark of
different implementations of programming languages with a
number of tests, showing not only speed but also if the language is
suitable for certain tasks.

The original page is:

  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~doug/shootout/

This benchmark was widely commented in several forums. Now some other
person has created a Windows specific version of the benchmark and
included Poplog in it, the Lisp implementation actually.

The test is parametrizable, so you can choose to give more weight to a
feature that you consider more relevant for your work. With the default
configuration, poplisp is in a good position (better than VC++).

  http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
salu2,

  Nico

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:51:44 GMT
 benchmark

Quote:
> The Great Computer Language Shootout is an informal benchmark of
> The test is parametrizable, so you can choose to give more weight to a
> feature that you consider more relevant for your work. With the default
> configuration, poplisp is in a good position (better than VC++).

>   http://dada.perl.it/shootout/craps.html

I wonder why poplisp failed so many of the tests?

One possibility is that popmemlim is set too low by default, although that
is
just a guess. It might be worth finding out (if anyone can spare the time).

Jonathan

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:34:20 GMT

1. Benchmarks

2. Bad benchmarks vs defensiveness